Register Now

Login

Lost Password

Enter your email to reset your password.

Search for answers in posts, Q&A and documents:

BY Author

views
Hello, Is it possible to do variable selection methods with the Unscrambler X program. I am working with ICP-MS data and want to calculate F-ratios for each element and subsequently perform degree of class separation to try and refine the elements i’m using within my PCA plots, for the purpose…
views
Hello, is it possible to use a LDA directly on spectroscopic data without a PCA for data reduction? Does it make sense? In general there is always the combination PCA-LDA on spectroscopic data. In literature it is not usual just using the LDA directly. But are there any reasons besides the data redu…
views
Hello, I have just begun to use Python script in Unscrambler 11, and I have created my first Random Forest Classification model. I have first crated the model with “RandomForestClassifierBuildModel”, then I applied it to data with RandomForestClassifierClassify”. Apparently all wen…
views
Hi,   I am new to NIR and Multivariate Data Analysis but i am getting better at it; i started using the Unscrambler software for my analysis and it seems to give good visualization and results. I like to ask few questions please. I am trying to use Cross-Validation and Test Set Validation methods f…
views
When Saving a model by right-clicking on the model node in the Unscrambler Project Navigator and selecting ‘Save Model…’, the size of my model file is around 50Mb. Is there a way to obtain a smaller model file?…
views
With Anaconda there is a need to manually update some file paths in order to run Numpy and Pandas libraries from within Unscrambler. A description is provided in the attachment.…
views
Open-source software for mathematics, science, and engineering. More info here: https://pypi.org/project/scipy/…
views
Import of some files in .xlsx format may fail due to use of non-supported formatting. Opening the file in MS Excel and saving it as .xls would fix this problem.…
views
Dates are converted from data type Text to Date-time when changing column type, when pasting text into a Date-time column and when Sample Alignment uses text headers as timestamps. The date is parsed according to current system settings. Wrong parsing may occur if text and system settings use differ…
views
If different point labels have been set in the Sample Grouping dialog, this will override the plot Properties setting. Then point labels must be changed in the former dialog, or Sample Grouping can be toggled off to see the changes.…

Latest replies

LeslieMetrics
Variable selection can be performed in Unscrambler by means of an uncertainty test when the selected validation method is cross validation. When setting up your PCA model, go to the 'Validation' tab and tick on the option 'Uncertainty test', as shown…
Ciaccheri
Thanks for your help. I am looking forward for the release of the script for summarizing classification results. It will be very useful. Indeed, I know that contingency table are not the optimal solution, but presently are the only option in Unscr…
LeslieMetrics
LDA does not work well for correlated data, such as spectroscopic data. Using PCA-LDA takes care of this in addition to the issue of having more variables than samples. This is because instead of the original variables, PCA scores, which are linearly…
External Admin
The predicted class vector output from the Random Forest Classify script is ordered so that it corresponds with the rows from the X matrix that was used as input for the classification: the class appearing in the first row corresponds to the sample r…
WordPress Lightbox