- Reduce impact on nature with environmental monitoring
- Detect and prevent out-of-control situations during production
- Allocate individual wells contribution to the production
Improve Performance and Reduce Cost
Oil & Gas is an industry with constant challenges, including fluctuating product demands, technological innovations and environmental impact issues. It has become ever more important to be in the front seat of the evolution of the industry and to constantly think smarter when it comes to locating new reserves and utilizing these reserves, minimizing dry wells and keeping the cost as low as possible. To remain competitive in this complex environment, companies need to explore new ideas and techniques to achieve ever more demanding expectations from the Board of Directors, shareholders and consumers, while at the same time always considering the environmental impact.
Multivariate analysis (MVA) is becoming more and more used in the oil and gas sector for performance prediction, outlier identification, understanding complex processes, planning maintenance and forecasting.
Camo Analytics has decades of experience and has worked with a number of oil and gas companies, helping them analyze and monitor large parts of the value chain, from exploration to well contribution. Our advanced multivariate data analysis software provides deeper insights from available data to drive business improvements and build a competitive advantage.
REAL BUSINESS BENEFITS
Multivariate data analysis can be used in all stages, from geological analysis of age and formations to well allocation and analysis of finished product.
- Monitor environmental impact from production and the use of energy
- Monitor the environment in real-time using multiple sensors and sensor fusion methods
- Analyze data before and after startup of production by multivariate methods
Early event detection
- Detect out-of-control situations through real-time monitoring of production processes
- Minimize the need to discard faulty end-product, reduce waste/scrap and avoid costly process delays
- Automatically detect out-of-limit variables in a multivariate context, overcoming the problems with individual control charts
Process and production monitoring
- Ensure the extraction of raw materials with a specified quality and purity
- Better understand the variation in energy demand for optimized production
- Increased process understanding can reduce the time to market for new products, and enable fast tech transfer, site-to-site transfer and scale up
Reservoir and Upstream applications
- Classify geological formations based on biomarkers and other available variables, and predict rock ages using our advanced models
- Monitor production volumes, temperature, pressure and their interactions in real time and detect out-of-limit variables, thereby detecting unexpected events at an early stage
- Apply instrumental data to predict the composition of oil samples for allocating the individual well’s contribution in commingled oil
Example applications of multivariate analysis
Real-time process monitoring for early event detection
Working with one of the world’s largest refineries, we were able to help identify impurity build up in a product stream and correct for it based on advanced graphical outputs and diagnostics. This was achieved by integrating our multivariate analysis and prediction tools into the clients existing hardware and software platforms, giving them the ability to detect events before they caused problems. This reduced the risk of serious process damage, minimized environmental emissions and saved the company millions of dollars in lost time and production.
Detecting out-of-control situations during production
Our process monitoring software Unscrambler X Process Pulse can be used in real-time to monitor production processes and detect out-of-limit variables, giving users the possibility to remedy potential failures before they occur. The software includes advanced quality predictions and drilldown plots to investigate the variables contributing to deviations, and will help improve process monitoring, understanding and control. Process Pulse enables powerful multivariate models developed with The Unscrambler® X software package to be used to monitor at-line, on-line and in-line processes.
Camo Analytics has developed a real-time solution for monitoring the environment with multiple sensors. This solution has been applied to the seabed off the coast of Northern Norway where sensors such as temperature, turbidity and current conditions are collected every minute. The system immediately shows which of many sensors have changed in a multivariate context. Using multivariate methods ensures that the fallacy of investigating multiple individual control charts is overcome.
IS YOUR CURRENT ANALYSIS SOFTWARE SHOWING YOU THE FULL PICTURE?
Multivariate analysis techniques are often superior to traditional (univariate) statistical approaches as they help identify and explain the complex relationships and patterns that can lead to process faults, which are often undetected by univariate methods.
Multivariate methods point directly to the cause of a problem, providing deeper insights into how to adjust a process to bring it back into a normal state of operation, thus avoiding unnecessary “tweaking” and more importantly, forced shutdown.
Our solutions bring the data from several different control charts/measurement systems into a single view of the process that operators and engineers can easily interpret to make the right decisions in a timely manner. This gives you a powerful tool for better equipment usage and allows the implementation of well informed corrective and preventative action (CAPA) programs.